What to know before you hire!
1. Did you know in the State of Florida you MUST be a licensed AC contractor to even take a screw out of a vent!? That’s right!
So when you get a coupon in the mail for a “Whole house Duct Cleaning for only $99” from a carpet cleaning company……think twice!! Unlicensed contractor in Florida is a felony. That is the ‘ole Bait and Switch! You really DO get what you pay for.
2. Check a company’s history and record with the Better Business Bureau
3. Be sure they’re NADCA certified! The National Air Duct Cleaners Association sets the rules and guidelines on how to properly and effectively assess, maintain and clean air ducts and HVAC system components.
4. Always get more than one quote to compare “apples to apples” when it comes to a certified and licensed contractor.
5. The cleaning of your indoor AC unit will most likely need to be done in conjunction with a duct cleaning service.